Al Qaeda leader invited to the Pentagon for lunch after 9/11 attacks

Radical Islamic cleric, Al Qaeda operational planner and U.S. citizen, Anwar Al-Awlaki, was assassinated by the Obama administration via predator drone missile strike in Yemen today. Apparently the president now has the authority to sentence  U.S. citizens to death without any evidence being presented, charges being brought or trial taking place. What’s more disturbing than that though is that Fox News, yes that Fox News, claimed to have obtained documents last year that show that Al-Awlaki was invited to the Pentagon for lunch months after the 9/11 attacks.

Yes, you read that correctly.

According to Fox, Awlaki was taken to the U.S. Department of Defense’s headquarters as part of a military outreach program to the Muslim community during the aftermath of the terrorist attacks.

In an FBI interview conducted after the Fort Hood shooting in November 2009, a Defense Department employee told investigators that she helped arrange a meeting with Awlaki after seeing him speak in Virgina. One of the documents stated that the employee had ‘attended this talk and while she arrived late she recalls being impressed by this imam. He condemned Al Qaeda and the terrorists attacks. After her vetting, Awlaki was invited to and attended a luncheon at the Pentagon in the secretary of the Army’s Office of Government Counsel’.

Awlaki was apparently interviewed at least four times by the FBI in the week after the September 11 attacks because of his links to three of the hijackers. He was also said to have been linked to Fort Hood shooter, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, who emailed Awlaki before the attack as well as 2009 Christmas Day underwear bomber Farouk Abdulmutallab.
Former Army Secretary Tommy White who led the troops in 2001 has said he doesn’t recall having lunch or any contact with Awlaki.

White said: ‘If this was a luncheon at the Office of Government Counsel, I would not necessarily be there’.

The Pentagon has yet to offer an explanation as to how one of the world’s most wanted men with clear connections to other terrorists could have ended up at a lunch for Muslim reconciliation soon after the attacks.

Army spokesman Thomas Collins said: ‘The Army has found no evidence that the Army either sponsored or participated in the event described in this report’.

A former high-ranking FBI agent told Fox News that nine years ago when Alwaki went to the Pentagon lunch, there was tremendous ‘arrogance’ about the screening process and who they allowed in the building.

‘They vetted people politically and showed indifference toward security and intelligence advice of other’, the former agent claimed.

Fox News’ report on Awlaki via Youtube user “MoxNewsdotcom”

 

Advertisements

Leave a comment

No comments yet.

Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s